Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Sunday :)





Many people ask me why Easter is my favorite holiday. To me Easter is the day my life changed forever. Easter is a day of renewal, strength, and it is magical. God sent his innocent son down here on earth to pay the price for all evil. Jesus gave up his life for for the sinner. Jesus loved us so much that he conquered evil. He showed the devil where the door was and gave new meaning to the word LOVE! HE IS LOVE!!

Easter to me is also a time to reflect how blessed I am. It's a time to remember an eleven year old girl dressed in her Easter dress who went to service knowing that Sunday would change her life forever. I do not remember what Brother Rick spoke that day, but I remember looking over at my Grandma and saying "Yes" She took my hand and we walked to the alter and with tears in her eyes we prayed together and on that day I gave my life to the Lord. I had no idea that seventeen years later Jesus and the Cross would still change my life everyday.

The Cross holds the magic. We celebrate what the Cross means and we celebrate the one who loved us so much that he gave his only begotten son and who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.(John 3:16) In the words of Jesus "It is finished" Jesus finished it for us. It is done! Jesus paid our debt that we could have life and with that we could have freedom of knowing Jesus and his love for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment