Saturday, April 24, 2010

Jesus, the One and Only!!

Ok I'm starting a new study by Beth Moore called..."Jesus the One and Only" and I'm super excited to dig into Luke and walk through the days of Jesus. This morning I just finished Part 1 which is all about the birth of Jesus and John. I loved reading the story of how when Mary found out she was going to have the Messiah the angel told her about Elizabeth and Mary headed straight for her house. Just goes to show God knew what he was doing. He knew that Mary would need someone on her side. Someone who knew what she was going through. God still does that. He places people in our lives who understand us and who want to help us and encourage us. That is what Elizabeth did!

I love how Beth wrote about the first night with Mary holding her baby in her arms. She wrote a description of that night that ripped my heart. Here was this young girl who didn't know the first thing about babies holding the Messiah in her arms and who was probably scared to death. But she knew God had it all planned and was by her side through it all. I can't imagine what that must have felt like. Knowing you were holding the one who was going to rescue us all. Scared, because you had no idea what you were doing. You were just about 13 or 14 years old what did you know about raising a baby. Luckily she had a husband who believed and was by her side the whole time. It just amazes me that God put his son, his only son, into the arms of someone so common as Mary and Joseph. He had a plan bigger than they could ever of imagined.

I can't wait to see what's next on our journey...OK I know what's next but to experience it with my eyes open and heart digging into my imagination and picturing what it would have been like during those times. I love taking God's word and stepping my feet into that time period and wonder what it must have felt like to go through that experience. My mom gave me this idea a while back and since then it has opened my eyes to some pretty incredible events!! I got to picture what it would have been like for Joseph (in Genesis) to be put into prison and then rescued because he could predict the future and placed in a high standing and got to see his family again, to Moses save the lives of his people, to David and Jonathan, to Esther and Ruth, leading up to most wonderful story of all Jesus!!!

I love you Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment