Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Saying No to Insecurity!



Fear + Future = stress
Fear + Future + God = Security

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. [Her] heart is secure, [she] will have no fear; in the end [she] will look in triumph on her foes.” Psalm 112: 7-8

“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come” Proverbs 31:25

The future intimidates us. When we think of the future there is so many “what if” scenarios that we sometimes let our minds wonder and that can sometimes cause stress and fear that does not need to be there. When we trust in our Lord Jesus Christ and place our futures into hands and know in our hearts that he has the control life will not be perfect but you will be happier. We sometimes think we can’t handle the worst of our fears but Beth Moore gave us an idea…. Take your worst fear and play it all the way out in your mind for example I’ll give you one of mine….

Being single forever. This is one of my biggest fears… so I let it play out in my head. What would happen if I never found my perfect love and never had that Cinderella wedding I dream of someday having? To go even further, what if I never get that perfect first kiss?? I mean God come on seriously??? Hehe So I let my head wonder…. And you know what I found out. Life wouldn’t be any different than it is today, and I will be just as content as I am right now. I love being single although sometimes lonely, its fun! I get to do crazy and wonderful things. I get to travel and meet all kinds of people. I look at Paul’s life and his life was amazing! And the best thing is I’ve truly already found the perfect love…Jesus Christ!!! It doesn’t get any more perfect than that! I’m not going to lie, I want to get married and have a family, but right now my main focus is to not let that take away my insecurity. Being single you have a lot of dumb stuff that goes through your mind that makes you insecure, much like married women, ours are just different. Like…

I must be ugly
My personality must be that of a snail…boring!
What is about me that repels men?

See many of these awful things cross your minds, but I’m telling you these thoughts cannot own you (me)…. Want to know why? Because we are clothed with strength and dignity because God gave us this amazing secure heart that is ours for the taking we just have to grab it. This past week I’ve been testing this advice in Beth Moore’s book and wow oh wow can I see a difference in only a week. My prayer is that I can take this advice and hold onto it!! My security is for me to take and hold onto. No one can take it away and when I feel that it is starting to come back to tell my heart to trust in GOD and keep reminding myself over and over again.

Again, if you haven’t got this book yet go and get it!! Everyone woman should read this book. I pray that God can use this book to touch lives for women all over the world. I’m sad to say that I am done with this book, but my blogging days are not over because I think I’m a little addicted to blogging. I know no one reads these but its fun to get my thoughts out there in the world so they don’t get stuck in my head….they need out!

1 comment: