Saturday, February 20, 2010

Math?????















Almost everyone who knows me knows that I am horrible at math, but this quote from Beth Moore just goes to show another way I'm really horrible at math...

"It's our insecurity that makes us so poor at math. It constantly leads us to draw wrong conclusions. If security says 2+2=4, insecurity says 2+2=9. In other words, she is this + I am that = I'm a loser. Or just as often we might come to the opposite conclusion: she is this + I am that = she's a loser. The insecurity equation can play out any number way of ways. Consider a few others...
I tried to talk to her + she seemed really distracted = she hates me
She's really gorgeous + she gets a lot attention that I don't = she must be conceited
She's got this + she's got that = I've got nothing
Look what she's got on + look what I've got on = I have the fashion taste of tsetse fly."

I've thought this way a thousand times!! Sad, but true. It amazes me how much we really do have this inner conflict in our hearts. We sometimes think we have it all together and then we meet someone who we think has more and our hearts crumble in a moment. When in reality we have no idea what that other person is going through. On the outside they might seem they have it all together, but if we dig deeper we might see this inner turmoil that she is having. Us women have to stick together, not judge and criticize. We need to look to each other for support and encouragement. God made girlfriends for just that reason in mind. He wants us to have women we can talk to in times of need and when we feel the lowest of the lowest who will build us up and give us Godly words of encouragement.

Photography is one of the most competitive fields out there because there are so many wonderful photographers. I sometimes look at other photographers websites, and I get discouraged because their photos are so much better than mine, and I think that is what has been holding me back all these years. God gave me this amazing talent that I should not be wasting it so with this thought in mind. I've given God my insecurity in this part of my heart!! I'm going to trust God with my talent and strive to be the photographer he wants me to be, because I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!! :) ( also some wonderful women give me such encouragment in the part of my life that I wouldn't have come to this conclusion without them, another reason we need girlfriends! :)

Women all over the world need to stop judging, competing, and whatever else and start looking at each with our eyes and hearts wide open because the woman sitting, jogging, behind you in the supermarket, or working next to you who you think has it all together, but is really in need of some serious God loving girl talk. I'm not saying go talk to her, but pray for her right there in that moment you feel yourself start to say, man I wish I were that skinny or man she must be stuck up, instead pray for her and lift her up in your mind because her heart might be falling apart. God made us Lovely in his image and we are clothed with strength and dignity!!! He made us in his image and we are his treasures so really why are we insecure.

Another quote from Beth Moore, I only have three more chapters, but I might have to read again!! :)

God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 Corinthians 4

"Did you hear that? We have this treasure!! We are aflame with God's glory and radiating with the light of His knowledge in the exquisite face of His Son, JESUS CHRIST. And we're insecure???????" Beth Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment