Monday, February 15, 2010

Insecure, such an ugly word

Insecure is such an ugly word, but yet I'm realizing just how insecure I really am. Yesterday, I made it my goal to pay attention to how insecure I am. I realized I am insecure about everything!!!!! Even to the point when I was thinking of what to write on my facebook status. I was hoping that what I wrote would be profound enough that people would actually read it and when I put new photos I wanted people to comment because in my head if people commented that meant they liked them and I accomplished something. Then when I was reading other people's status I felt dumb because mine was not cool or funny like theirs. What is wrong with this picture???? I mean come who really cares. And then I started to feel insecure because no one texts me. Do my friends really not want to hear what I say? or is it because they think I'm to boring to even text to?

These are just a few of the insecurities I felt yesterday and they kept growing until this morning when reading chapter 7 I realized I'm not alone in my insecurities. We all have them, we just have to fight them. There is a God who loves us so much and has so much faith in us that we can overcome this thing called insecurity. He gives us a fighting chance!!! He knows what wonderful future he holds for us we just have to see past our insecurities and place them at the feet of the cross and trust in his fighting grace!!! His grace fights for us! He wants us happy and secure in the believe and trust we have in him. This give me courage to get off my butt and take the leap of faith and walk in his grace. I love you, Lord and thank you so much for this book and realizing that I can be secure in who I am. God made me just the way he wants me to be, I just have to wake up to my insecurity and fight to be secure!

I leave you this quote from Beth...

"God knows we're insecure. But we do not need to be. And He will not leave well enough alone. He has enough security for both of us, and for those of us who call Christ Savior, He slipped His own secure Spirit within our simple jars of clay. It is in you to be secure, dear one. Do you hear what I'm saying to you? You have it in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment