Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am Chosen!

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:11-12

Truth in what we believe. I believe that each and everyone of us was born (predestined) for the glory of God. We were each created as individuals for the purpose of praising and serving God. We all have our own stories to tell. God wants us to live our life stories for His glory. So that when we walk down the street, hang out with friends, grocery shopping, working, whatever we are doing throughout our days we should take moments to praise our Father who is in Heaven watching and loving us. He wants to hear from us and remind us every waking moment that he is in control of our lifes.

Lately, I've been struggling with the idea that God wants to talk to me I always talk to him, but lately I started to question if he is listening, but through out this past year so far, I'm seeing him at work. Before we left for Passion 2010 I was praying for God to speak to us and show us what he wants us to do for him, and Passion 2010 blew me away. My friends came back on fire and ready to change their lifes and live with purpose of making Jesus famous!! I came back renewed and on fire for Christ, but since then I've felt my body and heart tearing apart and letting my thoughts run wild and doubting what brought that fire in the first place. It was the love and blood of Jesus!! He makes me what to live a better life and start my life new and fresh so I'm starting over!! I'm surrendering my brain and heart and trust to the one who gave me life!!

I need to be silent and listen. I struggle with that because I want to live in this world of make believe and tune out to watching TV. I need to learn to turn on the TV and just read and listen and hear what God wants me to hear. Today I bought the book So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore and I am going to learn to turn off the TV and read and blog while I go through this book.

I pray also that the eyes of your heart my be enlighted in order that may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints. Ephesians 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment