Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thank You, Lord


"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." Psalm 51:1-2

Have you ever noticed that when you sin, you get this almost immediate since of guilt? Well today I'm thanking God for that guilt because without that guilt how would we know what we are doing is wrong. We get this sick feeling because we so want God to be proud of us and love us for who we are, but when we sin, we automatically think God hates us. We could all day or week and feel loved and blessed and full of grace, but them bam...we sin...and God hates us. Why is that? Because that day or full week that we felt blessed and loved God already knew what the future held, and the fact that we were going to sin. He loves us so much, that is why he gave us his son. Jesus took our guilt and pain and left it at the cross! We were born sinners and we are going to sin every day of our lives, but God already knows that and guess what? HE LOVES US ANYWAY!!!!!!! His love is so deep that he fights for you. He doesn't want us to have the sick guilt feeling. He wants us to be filled with grace and mercy. We should be thankful that Jesus died on the cross for us. He wants us to be guilt free! But we know that we are sinners and are going to be leaving our transgressions at the feet of the cross and every day renewing ourselves with the fact that God loves us, He hates our sin, BUT HE LOVES US!!

He already knows we are not perfect in any way shape or form. He knows that the devil is fighting us along with him. That is why we have free will. He wants us to always choose HIM!!! I choose him every morning!!!

I love you, Lord and thank you so much for showing up this morning and renewing my spirit and my soul. You are my father and I love you so much that sometimes I have no words! Your beauty is shining today with a gorgeous sunny day. I know that you are going to arrive today and shine on us. Again, I love you and thank you! In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment