Sunday, March 21, 2010

I blame Cinderella....


I blame Cinderella and all her other friends, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Arial. Why do I blame them? Well because ever since I was about five years old Cinderella has been my favorite movie, and still is, but it was that movie that first put into my head "I want to be a princess and soon my prince charming will rescue me" It was that mentality that I placed my prince charming on a pedestal and have left him there. I know that my standards are really high up there and that I should lower them a little, but truth is I know that when I meet my prince charming I will know instantly! I know that sounds crazy, but I believe that God already knows who he is and that he has brought me up knowing that he is out there somewhere. We are just not ready to meet yet because God is still working in our lives to prepare us for that next step. It's weird but sometimes I get this crazy feeling in my heart to pray for my future husband and I know that is God telling me "hey your guy need some prayer" and I hope that when I meet my future husband he has been praying for me as well.

Ok back to my blaming the princesses!! These fairytale stories that almost all girls fell in love with when we were little have made us crazy! They taught us that you can find your prince charming in one day and fall in love and live happily ever after. Well they forgot one thing! That this method is wrong!!!!!! I do believe in love at first sight, but I believe you also have to work and fight for that love at first sight to stay there until death do you part. They make you think when you are five years that it will be easy to find that prince charming, they forget to mention you might have to wait until your late twenties, thirties, or even older to find that prince! So for the next future generation growing up with these fairytales, let your daughters in on that little secret. This is a fairytale, and that life does not work out that great!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment