Monday, January 17, 2011

A new Year, New Beginnings

Well to start off the new Year we were in Atlanta celebrating Jesus with 22,000 students. Lets just say being there in that arena was probably the closest thing to Heaven here on earth until next year of course with 60,000 students! But when our captain told us this was might be the closest thing to Heaven and that we should celebrate in that fact. I did celebrate and now as I am thinking about it almost three weeks later I have tears in my eyes because that was magical! When we are with Passion I feel like I'm in the right place at the right time and I never want to leave it and sometimes it doesn't seem real because of all the emotion and amazing things that happen and the happiness that surrounds that weekend. It is totally of God. I sometimes feel like all the worldly stuff is gone for a few days and Jesus is so alive in that place. It just amazing!! When we left I kinda felt I left this family behind and I have to start fresh and keep Jesus alive in my soul, but being back in what I call the "real world" is tough with all these temptations on every corner and people don't talk about Jesus on a daily basis and I feel like I have to guard my heart. It's sad because I want that little piece of Heaven everyday and some days I get it, and some days I can't seem to even find where Heaven is.

I sometimes lose myself in these imaginary worlds that leave me feeling so happy and then I come back to reality and I realize I'm not really that happy you know. These imaginary worlds are just that imaginary and selfish and full of pride and I know I need to live in reality more often. Reality is so hard to deal with sometimes. It hurts, It's sad, It's painful. There is so much devastation in this world that I know if I just close my eyes I will be in a place that is happy. I know I sound a little crazy and hey maybe I am, but I do know one thing I need to step out of my world and into this wonderful reality that Jesus has created for us. I need to cut back on what I put into my brain. I need to say no to TV and say yes to THE BIBLE!!! I need to start taking time out of my day and focus on what is really important JESUS!!!!

We are starting a new bible study at our church called Wide Angle which is perfect because I would so love a wide angle lens!! :) What I want to get out of this bible study is a new world view!! I want to view the world differently and I want my brain to be re-directed and recharged. I am going to try and blog more this year during this bible study. I don't know why but when I write I feel better and it helps me focus so I'm lets see what happens!!

LET THE FUTURE BEGIN!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment