Wednesday, January 19, 2011

White As Snow


I am sitting in my living room with all the lights out (except the computer screen) watching the snow falling to the ground. As much as I really hate snow, it really is beautiful. I think it is God's way of reminding us to be still. Our lives are so chaotic with running from place to place that God puts in "Snow Days". The whole world seems so quiet when it snows. I've been told that I'm weird because I love quiet. I love finding a comfortable place to just sit, whether it is my living room or outside when it is warm. I love to sit and be still. I love to have no distractions and just let my thoughts roam and wonder. It helps me figure out what is wrong and really listen to what I need to hear. My sister tells me she can't stand the quiet because it makes her think. I'm like duh!! It's suppose to. God wants us to be still. He tell us to. "Be Still and know that I am God". He wants us to relish in the fact that He is GOD!! He is magical. He can use these little snowflakes and turn a whole countryside into white glistening beauty.

In our bible study we were challenged to really listen and watch what we take in. So today I really listened and you know what I found out. Not very biblical worldview. I found myself listening to gossip, feeling jealousy because I think someone has a better life than me, pride in my work, are only a few of the craziness wrapped into one day. I really need to need put on my Jesus goggles and focus on what is right and really need to start bringing my biblical worldview into my everyday world!!! :) I need to wake up tomorrow morning and pray that all the snow is off the roads so I can go into work with a new and fresh look at reality.

On a side note for anyone reading this... please pray for a co-worker of mine who's dad is not doing so good and is getting some tests done that might end with the dreadful Cancer word, and pray for a friend of mine who looking for a new job to expand her work experience, for a friend who is battling the dumb cancer and is fighting strong!! and please pray for a friend who struggling with the lost of a loved one and who is fighting everyday to wake up the morning and getting through the day. Lord, I know you hold all of us in your hands and for that I am so grateful because we are a lost world without you. Give strength to those who need strength, and rest to those who need rest. Encourage us to be alive for you and to let your world view shine through. I Love you, Lord so much In Jesus name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment