Monday, January 24, 2011

Act :)

Have you ever had a sermon knock your socks of?? Well today while balancing spreadsheets at work and listening to Andy Stanley's latest sermon it knocked me the core. He was talking about how sometimes we hide behind our prayers. God does say to pray, but sometimes he says to act. Andy said something that shook me. God doesn't repeat himself. He has spoken. His word speaks about everything we struggle with. He talks about sex before marriage. He says DON'T do it. He talks about worry…He says DO NOT WORRY. He talks about fear… He says "Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." James 1:9. He talks about our finances and what we should do with them. So if God says do it, then we should do it. It is so much easier said than done this I know. I need to start taking responsibility for my life. I need to start standing and doing something and yet as I'm writing and this and I'm shaking with fear because to start standing and acting is totally out of my comfort zone. I need to start getting off my knees and acting. I'm realizing I really do hide behind my prayers. I love to pray and talk to God, but maybe I need to stop talking to him and start acting towards him. I mean I will still talk to him because if I didn't have that conversation with him my life would crumble, but I need to start standing firm in my faith. I wonder if God really does get tired of reminding of the same stuff everyday that sometimes he ignores us for a little while until we get the point on our own. He is in control. He has already told us what we need to know and do. We just have to act and start trusting and standing firm in what He says. I wonder what God has in store for this year because I can feel things stirring strong and my eyes, ears, and heart are open so much wider this year. I know I am not perfect in anyways trust me.. I'm not. I struggle with so much inward quilt and a little anger that God and I are still working through!

Saturday I took a little soul searching day. I woke up with the need to get close to God so I read, fasted, slept, cleaned, read, laundry, read, sat on the couch and just thought and prayed, and read some more. I didn't turn the TV or computer on until like 10 at night and you know what I found out… I'm crazy! :) jk no I found that being still and learning and opening my heart to God is truly amazing how he reveals himself. Negative thoughts kept popping into my head all day and I know that was just my inward guilt eating at me and telling me I should lose myself in TV because that is better than what reality has in store and you know what I told that guilt…shut up… God has me wrapped in his arms and loving me!! He wants me to start being who I truly am!

No comments:

Post a Comment